Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Stressing

I've been freaking out lately. Not sure why. I just have. I'll be 37 weeks on Saturday. Just 3 weeks away from having our little one. And now, I feel so unready.

I feel like we haven't bought enough stuff. That maybe, our nursery isn't good enough. Or that our baby won't have enough clothes or diapers. I'm stressing about breastfeeding. Should I buy some bottles and formula just in case? Am I ready to be a parent? Did we take all the classes we needed to?

And most importantly, can I take care of our baby girl? I've had some crazy dreams. I've been stressing out that I'm not going to fall in love with our little girl like I should. That maybe I'll just stare at her and think she looks like a little old man. You know, lots of babies look like little old men.

Greg keeps telling me that everything is going to be OK. He is so calm, patient, and ready to be a daddy. I just need to get some of that confidence too. I need to realize that not everything is going to be perfect. And that's OK. I just hope that I'm ready enough. ☼

No comments: